Ok, I’m pretty proud and amazed this actually worked without any on-the-fly engineering.
I’m sure you have seen plenty of these drum shade chandeliers around, like this one from Ballard Designs for $229. (Really??)
I bet you didn’t think I could make one for about $5, did ya?
Well, as I was strolling through Target the other night I happened on these babies.
Yeah, the teal ribbon trim on them wasn’t right, but for $4.98 each I snagged up three of them real quick like, knowing I could make them my own.
Then, I thought about the left over parts from my lantern project and a light bulb went off. Drum shade chandelier!
So, I played with the parts first to make sure it would work, then got out the spray paint and painted the parts white.
I ripped off that teal ribbon on the shade and wrapped some jute around the top and bottom and hot-glued it on.
Then assembled the light. I lucked out that the shade just sits perfectly in between the light sockets. I didn’t even have to glue it or anything.
Then, I wired it in (ladies, don’t be scared of this…it really is simple). Love it.
Here’s what you see looking up at it.
It fits perfectly in my bedroom.
Oh, I used the other two shades, fixed with the same trim, in the living room replacing these yucky fake leather shades.
Yep, three new lights for under $15. Score.
Linking to these and other parties listed on my Linky Parties Tab.